Monday, September 1, 2014

SMALL AND SIMPLE THINGS WEEK 64!


Lieve Familie,

       Wow. Welcome to the world Leo my new nephew! You have just joined the best family EVER. Happy Anniversary Momma and Dad! 31 years strong. So proud and gosh do I love you guys sooooooo much! Right now... I feel so blessed! God is good:)

    Well family while you guys were all busy with school, sports, giving birth, and celebrating-- Your bro/son Jason was together with Elder McLovin doing the work of the Lord. This week we saw so many miracles and blessings. I can’t even write down the stories or the things we have seen. Last week included us giving the first lesson 3 times to new investigators and all 3 were seriously found through the spirit. It was also full of many appointments where we had the privilege of bearing testimony over the Love of God and His son Jesus Christ. Seriously it was a great, powerful, uplifting week! Our investigators are increasing and since being here in Emmen we have already re-activated 3 members. It has truly been a privilege to perform this labor of love and although it is hard and can be difficult, I am a firm believer in the Quote Mom gave me of  " Happiness is wherever YOU decide it will be". I have just decided that happiness is everywhere.

   This last Sunday I was the closing speaker in our Branch. I spoke mostly about time and making the best of it. For some reason the subject of "time" has really caught my attention recently. I think it is just because of how fast the time really is going by and how it is scaring me!!! I mean I am now an uncle to 3 little kids, it has now almost been 16 months since I came on my mission, and CHLOE IS GOING TO HOMECOMING?!?! (Since when did she get her braces off???!)  Seriously this time has been going by so fast and it just blows my mind. AAAHHHHHHH!

    But Fam just know that I am well aware of the time. I am also well aware that with time comes also change.. I would be lying to myself if I said that nothing has changed back at home when I know it has. And I would be lying to myself if I said I haven’t changed in the past year and months when I know that I have. Don’t worry all these changes are positive. These changes are positive because I know for a fact that we have all changed in coming closer to Our Heavenly Father and relying more on him and his plan. "ALLES HEEFT EEN REDEN" I am convinced that the Gospel is true because I have applied it and seen the change. The Lord doesn’t work in huge ways.. Just small and simple ways "" Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..." (Alma 37:6).    2 years is small compared to a lifetime, but inside these 2 years the Lord is bring to pass great and marvelous things.

  I love you and miss you all. I hold you all daily in my prayers. Be safe, have a great week, and never forget the great words of BATMAN -  "Its not who you are underneath, its what you do that defines you"
Do your best folks!!

Love,
       Big Dude

 Enjoy to the End!!




Yeah... I had a pretty small blister...
 
Good thing I had DOCTOR LOVIN to fix me up ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment