Monday, September 8, 2014

The REEAALLLNESS WEEK 65!


Lieve Familie,

           Before I begin this email I would just like to give a shout out to all those who have been a part of this earthly journey with me. Those who have supported me and helped me become the person I am today. I am very grateful and I feel loved. You have all played a very important role in my life and if it wasn’t for you, I would not be where I am today. Especially you Mom and Dad. I thank you so much for teaching me everything I have needed to know thus far in my life. Without you two I would absolutely not be where I am today. I am eternally thankful for you two. I love you guys.

              What a week it has been and what a spiritual weekend. This past week we have just been blessed here in Emmen. This city is really turning into a teaching city I would say. Instead of spending many hours going along doors, we found ourselves teaching and always on the run. With teaching comes the chance to bear testimony and watch as people soften their hearts. We truly are all children of God. I just know that the Light of Christ is real- that there is a special light or a special energy that each and everyone of us has here on the Earth that bonds us all together. It is amazing to me when I can truly recognize it and realize that it is real. It gives me a different perspective. But yes we have seen great success lately and I know that we have been changing peoples lives.

           Yesterday was quite a spiritual day for me. After Fasting for a long period of time I participated in giving two Priesthood blessing (two salvings) on less actives who have been having some serious health and spiritual problems. Miracles did happen following both blessings and it was very humbling to be a part of. I have a strong belief in the power of the Priesthood. Then the night finished with an amazing lesson we had with a young couple, Kimberly (22) and Roy (25), where it is always just amazing to sit across the table from two Dutch people who are around the same age as you and share with them the Realness of Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. It was an awesome lesson and yeaa by the end of the day I was so exhausted- spiritually and physically!

          This week we will be having a mission conference with Elder Ballard. Yes Elder Ballard is coming. I am super excited and cannot wait. But first we will be taking a quick stop in Den Haag to visit some people in which I am also SUPER excited!  This is also the last full week of the transfer sooo next week I will be letting you know if there are any changes.

           Well family really short I just want to tell you all that I have been thinking a lot about the scriptures in Ether.

 "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. " (Ether 12:6)

We all receive no witness until after the trial of our faith.. We are all tested and trialed. That’s why we are here on the earth today. But I just want you all to know that I have been tested and trialed a lot during my mission, more then I thought I would, but because of this - the gospel and the way of living it has really became REAL to me. I know that the trials and hard times will keep on coming.. They will never end, but these trials and hard times are really just blessings in disguise. They have helped me see what is important in life and what/where true happiness is. You family are definitely a huge piece of that happiness.

          I love you all so much!! Have a great week and make the best of it. Smile, Laugh, Fart, Cry, Give someone a hug, I don’t know.. Just do your best and do what you know you should do. LOVEESSS!!

Love,
   Big Dude

ENJOY TO THE END 



2 comments:

  1. Jason! We all miss you and are incredibly proud of the work you're doing! Max says "hi" and "I love you my birthday brother. Come home soon, k? And keep teaching about Jesus."

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Jason! Know that we are here cheering you on, now and forever!
    Carole, Max, and Jeff

    ReplyDelete