Monday, June 30, 2014

HUP HOLLAND HUP! Week 55!


Lieve Familie,

               I can’t even put it into words of just how hard it was to leave the beloved and Holy city of Kortrijk. Saying goodbye to that place was like re-living saying goodbye to you all on the curb at the Zoo (the MTC).  It was rough.  Elder Argueta and I said our goodbyes at the train station in Antwerpen, He will be staying in Kortrijk, and after that I began my long journey from Kortrijk, Belgie to Emmen, Nederland. I am now serving with Elder England and he is a pretty chill guy. Quiet, but chill and a good worker. He is from Wyoming so I instantly gave him the nickname Cowboy.  As far as the work goes here... It’s back to the basics again here in Emmen. Starting once again from the bottom with nothing really.  It should be fun. Definitely an adventure that I have found myself traveling upon several times throughout my mission. I am not going to lie; the first couple of days/week has been pretty rough. It’s been pretty lonely. Things are just once again all new, but I'm sure that things will get better.  I constantly find myself reflecting upon the love that I have for the relationships I have developed with people/members here on my mission and it brings me great joy and happiness. The Lord is very mysterious in the ways that he works so as of right now I am just doing my best to stay positive and not think to much about Kortrijk or the other things that are distracting.

             Anyways it’s good to be back in Nederland. I've definitely had to adjust back into speaking and understanding the pure Dutch language and attitude here. I am no longer speaking the girly Flemish that I secretly love and am now being brought back into remembrance of that great Dutch attitude that is very bold and straight to the point. It’s been humbling. However the soccer life is HUGE here! People were going crazy last night when Nederland won. As missionaries we are actually not allowed to do any missionary work if Nederland is playing. So in other words... we got to watch the game with some members! It was awesome and lets just say... HUP HOLLAND HUP!!!!  It really is just a huge party here! 

             Fam and Friends, I have learned many things throughout my mission and I am not going to lie- it has been extremely humbling. Humility is so important in our lives. Maybe I deserved it and still do deserve it, but the Lord has really been humbling me throughout my mission. I find myself constantly on my knees pleading for help and support because without it I truly do feel like I am nothing. As I write this, another one of my favorite scriptures comes to my mind..

  "Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard....
 ...I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me.
 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.
  ...My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
 ...He hath filled me with his love, ...
 ... He hath confounded mine enemies, unto the causing of them to quake before me.
 ...Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given me knowledge by visions in the night-time.
  And by day have I waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me." 2 Nephi 4:16-24
                   I cannot deny that my testimony has grown, but even with this growth it hasn't made things easier or less difficult. It hasn't made everything just ''a walk in the park'' but it has brought me joy in this journey and an enjoyment of just believing that I truly do have someone who is aware of me and that I truly am not alone. I will always strive to do my best to continue putting my trust in the Lord and realize that He truly does support me, so as long as I stay faithful and love him with unconditional love.
                 Life is good. Nederland soccer is good. Belgium chocolate is good. Free Agency is good. Music is good. God is good. Love is good. The weather is not so good. Being LEKKER is good. So on and so forth...
 I love you guys. I love you with all my heart. Please be safe this week. 
                         Love,
                               
 Big Dude










New companion Elder England!

No comments:

Post a Comment