Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Hardest Thing. WEEK 53!

Lieve Familie en naasten,

                  This week I really want to take some time and just let you all know through email, of the love that I have for Heavenly Father.

             On the street, going along on the doors, pretty much anytime interacting with others who may not have the same beliefs as us; the question, that I think, that is most commonly asked by missionaries (missionaries in our mission) is "Do you believe in God?". Well family and peeps I would like to rephrase the question; personally for me I don’t really like using the word "God" to address the man upstairs, instead I use Heavenly Father. And I just want everyone to know that I truly do believe in Heavenly Father and because I truly believe this, I am convinced that I am a child of him. I firmly believe that I am a child of God. Now you tell me.. Isn't that just so amazing to think about?! And so JOYFUL! A loving Heavenly Father to watch over us and a loving Heavenly Father who knows you and listens to you if you search with a sincere heart to find Him. I am so grateful to believe "that I am a child of God and that He has sent me here" (sound familiar?) because through this little belief it has lead me to so much happiness and growth in prayer.

              Family I wanted to just share that with you because things here in Belgium and Europe and actually all through out the world are getting crazy. Mom I want to thank you for the quote this week of:
            "If material things are what you're talking about when you say that "I'm blessed" you have no idea what a blessing is."  
   
                This past week the World Cup began and let me just tell you it is getting crazy here! Last week we spent a day up in Nederland for meetings and it just so happened to be the same day that they were playing Spain and everyone was just so crazy and excited for it. Here in Belgium also! The Flags are everywhere, big huge screen TVs in the streets, and everyone talking about it. With all this going on it’s easy to forget what real blessings are. At this time, I am just saying..."GREAT.. Summer is just beginning, the world cup as now begun, my family is most likely in Lake Powell and here I am.. Walking the streets of Europe just trying to do my best to bring happiness to other peoples lives". Now... you tell me whatcha thinkin?? Hahah I love the summer, I am obsessed with soccer (especially the world cup!) and Lake Powell is just the best place in the world.. And here I am. In Kortrijk, Belgium doing my best to sacrifice my own desires for my Father in Heaven. Lets just say that I really am learning a lot right now about sacrifices and staying focused on real blessings such as eternal families and forgiveness instead of "material things" such as soccer and Lake Powell. Its definitely not easy, but I am extremely grateful for this privilege I have to learn and grow. I love the mission.

             As far as the work goes here. It’s Ok.. We had a slow week as far as teaching goes, but we did a ton of finding and now looking ahead to this week of teaching. I love teaching the plan of happiness. This week could be the last week for Elder Argueta and I here in Kortrijk as next Sunday we will hear news about transfers SO we will be working extremely hard and diligent to build up this holy kingdom in Kortrijk. We love it here.

               Family I love you guys and I really hope you all are making good decisions and doing your best to always party like it’s hot. Stay lekker and don’t forget to pray. It's so so important.

   Always remember what the real blessings are in life and even though the material things can bring us a lot of excitement and joy, let us all not forget that we have a Father in Heaven.
Have a great week:)
                
  I love you all.

         Liefs,
               Big Dude




No comments:

Post a Comment