Tuesday, June 3, 2014

COOL. Week 51!


Lieve Familie,

                    I don’t know if I have ever told you guys this but I really do just love you guys. I hope that you all haven't got too used to the life without me because before you know it, I am gonna be back kickin all your necks off so just prepare for that:) Cool! Oh and by the way... I MISS YOU ALL ALSO!!

                  So I actually don’t even know where to begin this email- I feel kind of out of it today because we just spent the whole day in Antwerpen to play soccer as a Zone and lets just say.. Wow I really got to pick back up my soccer skills; it’s been toooo longggg! But yeah lets see, life here in Kortrijk and the life of Elder Cook... this last week was a good and humbling week. It started off awesome as we taught this businessman (yes dad I am teaching one) and his wife. They have 7 children and lets just say it is no coincidence that we found them and have been teaching them. The Father - James is so sincere and just so awesome to teach. He even takes notes sometimes. But we had an awesome lesson with him and I am so curious to see how everything will unfold. Keep him and his wife- Gisselinde in your prayers please:) We also had an awesome appointment with our kick boxer Steven and he went to church this last Sunday. He is a stud, but I think this is a journey for him to figure out and as much as I’d love to see him get baptized, I think it is going to take some more time- but that’s okay because everyone has their own time and everyone still has time.
                 We are also working with that Russian Family and this Sunday one of the 3 daughters came to church! It was her first time back to church in a very long time and she even gave her testimony during the service! It was also awesome to be able to teach her during church. We did actually quite a lot of work with the actives and less actives this last week.
  
                  I really am not the best at this typing thing to explain experiences or tell stories, but each person we are working with and also the members here in Kortrijk are simply amazing and this time here in Kortrijk is something I will never forget for the rest of my life. It pretty much has been a "You had to be there" experience. Hahah

                Family I love you guys. This past week I have been thinking a lot about just how blessed I have been in my life. Blessed with a beautiful family, blessed with the gospel, blessed with good circumstances during my life, blessed with Finding Nemo, etc. There are so many blessing we ALL have received in our life and so many that we see every.single.day. My testimony has grown that we really do all have a Father in Heaven that loves us and we are ALL, each one of us, His children. "...For all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God." (D&C 101:16) He loves us and gosh do I love you guys!

                  Have a great week and know that I will be praying for you all.. (Even you Bella)! Love you guysss. BE SAFE, make wise decisions, party like its hot, and..... ENJOY TO THE END!

LOVES,
        Big Dude





No comments:

Post a Comment