Monday, June 23, 2014

Tot Ziens Kortrijk WEEK 54!


Lieve Familie,

                  I guess I will start with the transfer news.. I will be leaving Kortrijk on Wednesday and heading back up to Nederland (Northern Nederland). I will be saying goodbye to good'ol Belgium and the beautiful Flemish language/ dialect- and saying hello again to the Dutch culture and the Dutch language. The city I will be serving in is called Emmen and yes I am very excited, but at the same time my heart is crushed. Last night was extremely hard for me to receive the news and spent a lot of time on my knees.  Kortrijk has a VERY SPECIAL place in my heart and it’s hard to leave Holy and Sacred ground. Today and tomorrow I will be saying my goodbyes to the members and I will do my best to stay strong. I truly do hate goodbyes.

               Well family since my time is up here in Kortrijk I would just like to share a story with you all over one of the biggest reasons (I truly believe there are many reasons) why I got called to serve in Kortrijk. First off the biggest reason was because this is what I needed to finally learn for myself what it means to have a testimony. I know now that I have a true and strong testimony of the Gospel because I cannot deny how real it has become to me. How real Heavenly Father truly is. It blows my mind and I am so grateful for this. But what I would like to share is actually how I have felt that I have been an instrument in the hands of the Lord. I have wrote a lot about Giselinda and James (the family with 7 children that we are teaching) in my emails, but never really gave you guys the story of them. Well here ya go.. Elder Cook is going to try to do his best.
         " -It was the second or third day that Elder Argueta and I were in Kortrijk and we found a couple names in our area book to go look up. We both had no idea about this area and the surroundings of it (the little cities, parks, neighborhoods, etc) So we just left the apartment one day on our bikes with the street name typed into our little map to start these look ups. After a long time of biking and getting lost we found that right street, or at least we thought. We knocked on the house and no one was home. So we decided to just knock the rest of the street and see if anyone knew this person or had some interest. After knocking a couple of doors, we came across Giselinde and she gave us the typical "I don’t have time right now, but come back another time". We both thought okay there is a potential but not so strong. Well we back a couple of days later and no one was home, but we always left a card behind. We did this 3 or so times and finally we came to the conclusion.. Okay this is our last time and then we aren’t going to look this "potential" up anymore. Well we knocked.. Giselinda opened and let us right in. My response to her saying "come inside" was.. "Wait really?". She let us in and that was the first time that we met James. "

          Family I wish I could continue this story but I just cant because I don’t have enough time and it truly is a story that you need to just hear all the details of it. However I will let you all know that the person we first went to go look up on that second or third day of being here in Kortrijk actually lived in a different city. About 45 minutes away with the bike. Many Streets here have the same name but they are distinguished by the city that it is in. Just like in Utah with: SLC, Sandy, Weber, etc. We had no idea of that until later on. So in other words there is no coincidence that we found them. It truly is amazing and one of these days I will have to give you all the full story. 
                   
          But I do want you all to know that yesterday we had our appointment with them (my last one) and I have never born testimony so strong in my whole life. I am just so amazed even at myself of just how convinced I am that Heavenly Father truly is there and how real the Gospel Of Jesus Christ is. I am still the same old Jason who loves to party like is hot and do all that stuff, but I also truly do feel a change inside of my heart.

         My testimony has grown. I am grateful for this sacred ground that I have in Kortrijk and the many things I have learned here. It is such a privilege to know how real prayer is and how real it can be for everyone; as long as you truly do search and pray with meekness and humbleness. As I think about Kortrijk one of my favorite scriptures comes to my mind -  
 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." (Alma 26:12) 

I love this place and I love my mission. You all are in my heart and prayers. I love you guys.

Be Safe and make good decisions:)
  
Love,
-Big Dude

Enjoy To The End

Ps: here is my new address:
Landschaplaan 194
7824 BV Emmen
Nederland







Here are all my pants i have ripped since being here in Kortrijk due to all the biking... 

No comments:

Post a Comment