Monday, July 7, 2014

lets go... HUP HOLLAND HUP!! WEEK 56!


Lieve Familie,

            So family what to say...
                       
                        The world cup is going OFF here in Nederland!! It really is crazy with decorations and excitement here in Nederland. It has been sooooo awesome to be here and to experience it! HUP HOLLAND HUP!!!! (pics attached) It definitely has been putting a damper on the missionary work though, but super fun to talk about it and watch games with members! 

                       This week was actually pretty good. Can’t really complain. It had its hard and long days of knocking several hundreds of doors and receiving lots of rejection.. Aka: not finding anyone with interest; it had also the brief exciting teaching moments of bearing strong testimony and watching people slowly and surely come to Christ. The whole roller coaster ride of emotions thing here on the mission is very humbling and also difficult, but I find myself just so grateful to have this privilege of being on a mission and having this time to truly grow each and everyday as I go through all types of emotions. It truly is humbling and I am very grateful.

                       The members here are great! I definitely miss Kortrijk A LOT, but there are some great members here and I am excited to get to know them better. Being with Cowboy (my companion) has been a great experience. Shortly I am going to teach him "how to walk the dog"... hahah but he is a stud. The work here is going kind of slow but it should start to pick back up soon. Last week we set a baptismal date with a new investigator named Francis and she even came to church on Sunday, which was super awesome. My weekly presentations that I give to the other missionaries are all about becoming BOLD missionaries and I am just loving that because being bold (with love) is the best part in missionary work. Other than that... I am safe, healthy, still swimming (just keep swimming), and always smiling :) JA JA! 

SOOOO...
                       
"FINISH EVERY RACE YOU START"
And 
"FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED"
  
          Peeps these were the first quotes that were given to me on my mission (my first day in the Zoo (MTC) to be exact) and although I thought that they were the worst quotes anyone could possibly give to us at that time, they have had some serious impact on me during my mission.

          Never Give Up. Enjoy to the End. Gewoon Doen. Alles komt goed. Lekker. etc...  These simple phrases, that actually sound like they came from a child, have seriously impacted me so much during my mission. We should never give up on all the good things in our life, always enjoy (not endure) things in our lives, Sometimes just DO and not ask why, always hope that everything will be okay, and well.. we should all strive to do our best to just say the word LEKKER and to just be lekker. :)   I've been doing this whole mission thing for some time now and it hasn’t always been so positive or so happy or so lovely that I have enjoyed every single moment. It’s been new, difficult, tiring, stressful, just CRAZY, etc.. but I know what I am doing. I am performing a Labor Of Love that is far greater than you and I. This Labor Of Love has brought me so much happiness. This Labor Of Love has brought me so much peace and harmony in my life. Doing Labor isn't easy, but doing it with Love makes it all that much easier. I hope we all find Love in our daily Labor because I know that Love is the most powerful influence in our lives. I know that the feeling of Love comes from God and not from anywhere else. He truly is our Loving Heavenly Father.  Find Love in your Labor. 
I plan on finishing this race that I started. 

                    Love you all. SO. SO. SO. SO. SO. MUCH.
        Be safe this week! make good choices. 

          LOVE,
                  Big Dude

PS... Maybe you guys can’t remember but do you remember Ethyln- investigator from Den Haag??... yea she was baptized yesterday! WAAAHHHOOO 


No comments:

Post a Comment