Monday, July 28, 2014

Being better WEEK 59!


Lieve Familie,

                   This week had its ups and its downs. You have so many moments as a missionary where life is just going so good and you feel like you’re on the top of the world and then... yeah you have those moments where you just find yourself feeling like the dust of the world. It truly is humbling and a chance to learn so much about who you really are. So this last week was definitely a learning week for Elder Cook and also a week full of those top of the world moments and moments of feeling like the dust of the world, but we always do our best to stay positive and grateful. 

                   Saturday we baptized! It truly was a great and humbling baptism to be apart of. Frances is definitely someone that needed to feel the love, comfort, and most importantly the HOPE that comes from making promises with God. The spirit was definitely there during the baptism. The member who baptized Frances, his name is Melvin Hoepel, just so happens to have some crazy connection with me...  Years ago Melvin was actually taught and baptized by Chris Grant in Suriname.  Melvin is now living in Nederland and well... he just baptized one of our investigators. Small world right??  Crazy!! But yeah everything went very smoothly at the Baptism and I was very pleased to see the Branch here to help out a ton and support Frances. The following day at Church I had the chance to confirm her as a member of the church and also to give her the Gift of the Holy Ghost during sacrament meeting. It truly was a special moment and I am just so grateful that I had the privilege to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. Saturday and Sunday were definitely great days!

                  The rest of the week was good. We had lots of exchanges with other elders and also zone training. So that kept us very busy through out the week. The members here are super cool and we find ourselves many times throughout the week in Germany spending time with them. (Most of our members live in Germany).  There is still more work to do here in Emmen and I am grateful that I get to be here and serve others. 

                  Peeps I really don’t have much to say this week, but I just want you all to know that I am thankful for each and every one of you. Being here on my mission has taught me A LOT, more than I could have ever imaged. I miss you all a ton! I know that I am where I'm supposed to be and that Heavenly Father truly does have a plan. His plan doesn’t always make sense to us or a lot of the time we just don’t understand things, but I really just have faith and trust in him that He knows what He is doing. I just have to make sure that everyday I am becoming better than the person that I was yesterday.  

I am sorry if this email is not the best and doesn’t have a lot of details, but just know that I am doing fine and doing my best to truly Enjoy to the End. I love you all so so so so much! Have a great week and be safe. Make good choices and be better than you were yesterday. 

Love,
    Big Dude




No comments:

Post a Comment