Monday, August 4, 2014

Just Do It. WEEK 60!

Lieve Familie,

              Just like Jake told me this week... sometimes the Lord just hits you with a curve ball. Well peeps to be honest I have felt like the Lord truly has pitched me a curve ball these past couple of weeks and I was definitely not expecting it. But here we are once again about ready to start a new week and a new transfer and this time I'm going to the plate ready for the curve ball.

              So I will be staying in Emmen and continue the work here and my companion (cowboy) will be leaving. The call came surprisingly, but I think we are both looking forward to the next upcoming transfer and doing our best to just stay super positive! My new companion will be Elder Lovin and you’re never going to guess but he is from Highland High School and apparently we have played against each other in Ward ball before?? hahah small world right! But I am exciting to get him. He is a lot younger then me so I am exciting to feed off his young energy! I think and am hoping for that this next up coming transfer will be awesome.

            I am glad that I am staying. My connection with the members is finally starting to grow a lot more, now that they are all back from vacation, since leaving Kortrijk. The work here is definitely ready to be turned around and I am feeling pretty motivated right now to get back into just working hard and starting up a new transfer. It should be a good new start!

              Heavenly Father works in such an interesting way and it amazes me and always leaves me just realizing how much I truly do need him. These curve balls that he throws are only to make us better and stronger. To test us a little more to make sure that we are still ALL-IN with his plan and not forgetting him. I really love the importance that Familie Leman (love them and miss them so much) taught me in Belgium of the word REMEMBER. As unperfect human beings we tend to be forgetful a lot. Forgetful of just how blessed we are, forgetful of the people around us, and sometimes forgetful of just how great our Heavenly Father is. Just look at the Book of Mormon and you can see so many examples of people forgetting the mercy and love that Heavenly Father has for them and all the many things that he has ALREADY done for them. It truly amazes me that it has taken me so long to realize how important the word REMEMBER is and the significance behind it. I hope we all do our best to remember those around us, to remember how blessed we really are, and to remember that the Lord doesn’t give us anything that we cannot handle or overcome. Just like Familie Leman, I am going to always do my best to remember the mercy and love that Heavenly Father has for me and to not be so forgetful. Let us all try to do that!

Afterall Christ never forgets of us:

 “.... Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
                  ....Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands"  
Isaiah 49:15-16
Family I love you all so much. Words cannot describe the love that I have and just how much I miss you all. You are all in my prayers. Have a great week. Enjoy to the End!

Love,
                    Big Dude





No comments:

Post a Comment