Monday, July 21, 2014

Find the Joy Week 58!

Lieve Familie,

          
           Well Family and peeps.. This upcoming week Elder England and I will be baptizing on Saturday. Frances has been making so much progress lately and I am truly grateful that I was able to help her on her journey of receiving happiness that isn't bought with money, but happiness that comes from my Friend, Jesus Christ. Our appointments with her have been very emotional and I just feel so privileged to be able to testify of the pure love of Christ. It has been humbling and it is always nice to see the fruits of your labor. So I am looking forward to that on Saturday. 

           As for the rest of the work, it’s coming along extremely well. I enjoy doing this hard labor of love and I am really just finding joy no matter how hard it really gets. The weather has been deadly! So hot that I find myself taking a shower every single day of sweat while riding my bike! "LEKKER ZWETEN ALLES VERGETEN"!!!!  Next week we have got an awesome week planned out of appointments with many new investigators and I have come to the conclusion that it’s just time that we turn this Emmen area around. So this up coming week should be good:) 

         Week 3 is down and gone here in Emmen. Crazy how fast time is flying and crazy how it just never stops or goes faster and that you cant go back-  no matter how hard you try. Time is so irrelevant and so out of our control. That’s why we need to always ENJOY and FIND JOY in our journeys. Laugh about the small things and smile constantly; Make good choices and just choose the right. So simple isn’t it! But yet, so hard sometimes. Soooo sooo hard sometimes. I have learned something very important on my mission and that is your free agency. For me, my free agency goes like this- You have the choice everyday, every second, every moment; no matter what the circumstance or situation is between good or better. The choice truly is yours.. Good or better. With regards to your attitude, actions, deeds, words, etc. You have the choice between good or better. I hope that I can always be strong and the courage is enough to choose the ''Better" for the rest of my life. Just always striving to be better than who I was yesterday and be filled with love. I have said it before, but love truly is soo powerful and I am grateful for the feeling of love. I know that that truly is a gift (light of Christ) given to each one of us from God and it gives me enough of a confirmation to know that God truly exists. 

                  I love you all with a relentless love and pray for you all with my whole heart. You guys mean the world to me. Do your best to not forget about me!!! Have a great and safe week. Make good choices and find JOY! ENJOY TO THE END and go make somebody’s day:) LOVE YOU!!

Love,
                     Big Dude

               With regards to the crazy plane crash that happened here with the Nederlanders... just remember that…

       "He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation." (2 Nephi 26:24) and.........  ""And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise. " (Moroni 7:41)  He loveth the world and we should all hope for eternal life. 






1 comment:

  1. Hi! My daughter is in the same mission and sent a photo home with Elder Cook in it. It is on this blog: http://zusterelizariley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete