Monday, July 14, 2014

BLIJVEN ZWEMMEN WEEK 57!


Lieve Familie,

          Yes the World Cup has now come to an end. It was super fun to be here in Nederland during it and also spending half of it in Belgium. Last Wednesday President Robinson gave all the missionaries permission to stay up and watch the Netherlanders play against Argentina and let me just tell you, that was awesome to just spend the night staying up late with members watching the game (check out the pics attached). Unfortunately they lost though. Penalties are definitely not the way to go out.... (Been there done that). In Nederland’s we would say HELAAS PINDAKAAS for Nederland! I still think that Amerika should have been there... 

           Anyways the missionary work is going good. We have been able to pick it up here a little bit. Last week we had a great appointment with Francis who is still on her date for baptism (26th of July) and we're also able to extend another baptismal date for the 16th of August with a new investigator that we found named Tú. It was great! However there is still lots of more work to do and lots of lives to change. Just got to "keep on swimming" and make sure to always be engaged in a good cause. 

            You know this last week as I watched Nederland play and lose in penalties I thought to myself. Man life just isn’t fair sometimes. And I haven’t come to any conclusions, but I believe that it is true- that sometimes life just isn’t fair. We have so many things that happen in our life that are unexpected or things that are taken away from us. So many emotions and so many choices to make. Just so many things to deal with. Now I have been thinking about it and ya life definitely isn’t fair, but that is because it is not supposed to be. We experience all these emotions/ incidents throughout our lives so that we can learn and grow. I am grateful that we aren’t on this earth forever. I am grateful that we get to go through this learning process and discover who we really are. I am grateful that life isn’t fair and that we sometimes just have to climb over some mountains. I heard this quote here on my mission: "The blessings are behind the Mountains, first we just need to climb the mountains". We just got to keep going and climb. Trials are just blessings in disguise. We just have to make good use of our free agency and stay positive and realize that "alles komt goed".

The mish is great peeps. It is the best learning experience available. I love it and I love you guys. Love you all with my heart and soul! God is real. 

Love,
      Big Dude 




No comments:

Post a Comment