Monday, March 3, 2014

Parlez-vous français? Week 38!


Lieve Familie,

              Here we are again..; Zijn jullie klaar for another one of Elder Cook's FANTASTISCH weekly emails.... hurrrrr we go.
  
             This week actually had a huge highlight. A highlight that definitely makes the ¨top ten moments¨ list for my mission. For the first time in my mission I found myself sitting in front of a huge Belgium Family with 4 beautiful children teaching the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ and about families being together forever. Talk about a humbling and an unforgettable moment for me as a missionary. This family is the family of Siarah. Her husband's name is Don. PEEPS (whoever reads this thing) please pray for these two. I mean talk about KINGDOM BUILDERS! holy flip. The appointment went super well, as we shared the restoration they were just all ears- asking the perfect questions and everything. As we got further and further with the lesson, the spirit began to be super super strong. IT WAS SOOOO COOL and ahhhhh I just love bearing my testimony! (especially in my girly Vlaams).  Unfortunately though, the appointment also left me with a slight broken heart because Siarah is so awesome and is so in need of the truth, but she won't take the chance to read the Book of Mormon. At least not yet. (She loooooovves her bible let me tell ya...) but her husband was totally open also, which was super surprising because usually here in Belgie en Nederland the Man of the house never accepts.. but he totally did and said that he is definitely going to try reading it. The appointment was overall good and we know that they cannot doubt that they felt the spirit during the lesson. So we are just praying for them and actually, I'm not gonna lie... I’ve never found myself praying so hard for two people I barely even know.
  
           Other than that: Elder Argueta and I have just been working our butts off. Seriously I don’t think I have ever worked this hard on my mission- every night I find myself so tired and exhausted. It’s been  a lot of hard work and tough to try to change this place around here but with the help from the man upstairs I think it can be done.  I mean this up coming week we have made 7 appointments with all new investigators (one being with another family that we found), which has gotten the Ward's attention here in Kortrijk. The ward here hasn't had any real investigators in a very long time and earlier the missionaries were only averaging teaching 1 or 2 appointments a week here in Kortrijk I think- so I think we're on the right track to get this place back on its feet again and I am just so grateful that I get to be a part of it and watch the Lord work his miracles. 

          What else to say.... nothing else really I think. OOH Bruce has suffered some injuries and he has now been put on the sidelines in injury reserve. I have now adopted an old bike from another missionary so that has been pretty chill.. but yeah Bruce needs some help.

   BUT YEAH.... A mission is definitely not easy and is sometimes not very fun, but I FREAKIN LOVE IT and oh my gosh it is just awesome. We just have to Enjoy to the End in everything that we do and realize how blessed we really are in our lives. One thing that I am so thankful for is the way I was raised! seriously though. haha so thank you Momma and Dadda:) but Fam I am thankful for each and every one of you guys. Gosh I miss you guys and love the crap out of you all! Don’t forget about me and know that you guys are always in my prayers. Have a good week and party like its hot.
LEKKER!

LOVE YA'LL!!!

-Elder Coooook

pics: chill soccer p-day and the other is my comp.. He fell asleep while praying - WHAT A LOSER!


No comments:

Post a Comment