Monday, February 24, 2014

THE TRANSFER OF COMMITMENTS Week 37!


Lieve Famile,

Well for the whole mission a new transfer has begun and it was time for everybody to set new goals. For Elder Argueta and I, it was just another week of missionary work and not having to worry at all about transfers. But this did give us the opportunity to sit down and make new goals for the upcoming 6 weeks here in Kortrijk. For the entire mission it has been a typical routine of sitting down with your companion and making goals for the whole transfer, goals such as: Baptisms, Baptismal Dates, Lessons given, etc. Well I’ve always wanted to try something different with this aspect of missionary work because I HATE numbers and the difference should be to make commitments with our Heavenly Father. Instead of just writing down a number and saying ¨hey lets go for that¨ but to actually write down on paper commitments saying that we are going to do this every single day to eventually reach our goals. It was super cool to kind of change things up and make those commitments with our Heavenly Father to do things daily. We ended up making 5 very strong commitments and we know that as we do these things everyday we are going to see Miracles here in Kortrijk and help the members of this Branch.
  
As for this week and the work here in Kortrijk.. nothing too exciting happened. At the end of every single day I find myself being exhausted from knocking so many doors and biking so far (45 kilometers on Zaterdag).  It’s been some rough, but good missionary work. Extremely humbling. My French doesn’t exist and my Vlaams is only getting more and more girly every single day. BUT we have now begun a teaching pool here, which has gotten the members of the Branch extremely excited. We still have to get some people to come to church though so we still have a lot of work to do. The members are starting to warm up to us and we are now on the path to make some solid relationships with the awesome members here. Actually this week we made appointments with members for just about everyday to eat- so that was very exciting! Just have to be yourself around them and make fun of them in a good way... that’s what I do! hahah

But yeah things are starting to pick up which is good and I'm excited to see what’s going to happen this upcoming week. Tomorrow we have our big appointment with Siarah (our miracle right now) so I really am just praying and hoping that it'll be a good one! Sorry that I don’t really have much to say this week, but I do appreciate the emails that I am receiving! PRAY FOR US PLEASE!!

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND MISS YOU GUYS LIKE CRAZY!! My testimony definitely has grown and just remember it is all about L.O.V.E. Love truly is the reason why I am on my mission.

ENJOY TO THE END

-Elder Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment