Monday, October 28, 2013

GELUKKIG HALLOWEEN Week 20!


FAMILIEEEEEEE,
 
     Where do I even begin with this week's email... Familie this week has been one of the most spiritual weeks thus far on my mission. NOUGH SAID *(insert big smiley emoji).
 
    The TEMPLE! On Tuesday we had the chance as a mission to go the beautiful Zoetermeer Temple and OOH MIJN HEMEL! Being a missionary and attending the temple here is something that just can not be explained, only experienced. We were able to do a whole endowment session and it was one of the most humbling and grateful experiences of my life as we went through the whole session in Dutch. Simply amazing. haha and then just to top it off... we got to all be in that "one special room" with not only all the other missionaries, but with President and Sister Robinson. It was an experience I will never forget with recieving revelation and feeling the spirit.
 
      I must say though, that was just the start to one of the coolest weeks here on the mish thus far because.... WE BAPTIZED! Yup Elder Thomas and I baptized on Saturday. We have been teaching a man named Albert who has been investigating the church for about 6 months now and has had baptismal dates in the past, but could never actually do it. Well after the Temple we went to Albert's house to go check up on him, before we went in we said a prayer and asked the Lord to bless Albert with strength to be baptized. Well family and friends, the Lord answers prayers. We went in and we commited Albert back to baptism and he actually told us he wants to be baptized the next Saturday! The spirit once again was so strong. So on Thursday President Robinson came down and gave him the baptismal interview and Albert was "KLAAR"! Saturday October 26, 2013 Albert Ramautarsing was baptized by my Companion Elder Thomas and the next day (Sunday) in sacrament meeting, which just so happened to be a farewell in church that day and the Stake President was speaking also so instead of having 80 members there in sacrament there was 250, I gave Albert the Gift of the Holy Ghost and a blessing. (It was a good thing the Lord blessed me with good Dutch that day!) haha.  Family I can't even explain it, but I can tell you that the spirit was there and that my testimony has grown so much this last week.
 
     So Familiy it,s been an exciting week here in Den Haag and lets just say that we are working our butts off right now to bring people closer to Christ. We have another baptism of the 16th van November with a girl named Barry who Elder Thomas and I have been teaching since my first day here in the land. We are still working with Kelt and we taught him yesterday. Him and I have a good bond/chemistry with one another and He is an actual real dutch man so it's gonna take some time for him to come to Christ, but I know that the Lord has got a plan for him and that this guy is going to be a Kingdom Builder. We are also teaching a girl named Ethlyn right now and we have a goal to set a baptismal date with her this upcoming week. 
 
   Familie my mission thus far has been definitely hard, but there is no doubt that the Lord has a plan for me and that I am in the right place right now. I miss you all like crazy, but I really am putting my whole heart and trust in the Lord right now and letting him lead me to people who are in need of the gospel. I love my mission, I love you guys and miss you SOOOO MUCH! I think about you all everyday, everynight, every second. But the Lord is watching over you all. LOVE YOU and..
 
     "ENJOY TO THE END"
 
-Elder Cook
 
 
Ps: I got you letters and packages this last week. LOVED'EM! Thank you all for the prayers.
 
CAN'T BAPTIZE IN EUROPE.......HAHA!
Albert after I gave him the Holy Ghost

THE TEMPLE
ELDER BEAN

Elder Christensen and I


Does this guy look familiar...?? (Elder Taggart)

No comments:

Post a Comment