Monday, November 4, 2013

NOVEMBER WHAAAAT?!?!


FAMILYYYYYY,
 
    OOOH Mijn Geliefde Familie, Ik hou van jullie so veel! Jullie zijn mijn inspiratie om zending werk te doen. Ik denk over jullie elke dag en jullie zijn al tijd binnen mij hart!
 
      Family and friends this week was absolutely a roller coaster. IT WAS AWESOME!! As you all know last week was an absolute spiritual high for me and I felt like I was on cloud nineeeeeee. Which means this week has been a week of just blahhh feelings and just desiring for the spirit again. But a lot of cool things did happen and I always feel blessed.
 
    We had some bomb appointments this week with our top 3 investigators and did, as always, have lots of findings. It's pretty incredible when I look back to my first week or so in the mission field and contacting absolutely sucked and I couldn't even speak or say anything I wanted to towards people on the street or at the door. Now contacting is one of my favorite things to do! Everyday we probably spend 4 hours contacting on the streets or knocking doors because, well... this is Europe.. people are quite difficult here and you definitely don't have much to work with. haha but now I love contacting because honestly familie, I LOVE THE DUTCH LANGUAGE! I think I'm finally at the point where I can just about say what I want in Dutch and finally speak with confidence and be myself (which is the most important). It has been pretty fun. Even in this crappy weather we have over here, where I haven't even seen the sun once this week and it has now rained every single day. It's rough, but I wouldn't change it for the world!! WAHOOOOO~!
 
      But our investigators.. well we have a girl named Barry who we are baptizing on November 16! Super excited. We have been working hard to keep her on the right path and she just can't wait to go swimming (baptized)! We also have Ethlyn who is an absolute angel and there is no doubt that we are going to get a baptismal date with her this transfer! (She has been investigating the church for almost a year now.) And then of course we have my good'ol kingdom builder Kelt, who unfortunately was super sick this week so we couldn't teach him, but he did come to church!
 
     Now for the miracle this week... Family we set ANOTHER baptismal date this week! I'm not sure what exactly it is with the success we're having right now, but all I know is that I am working my butt off! haha His name is Dennis and he is a very very successful fashion designer (successful business man Dad..). We had an appointment with him and taught him the first lesson and then showed him the short Restoration film about good'ol Joseph Smith. At the end of the film Dennis was just about in tears. You all know me... I was not gonna let this opportunity go by, so we started to bare our testimonies hard and the spirit filled the room. We invited him to be baptized on December 14 and he accepted with tears in his eyes. After we got on our knees and he said one of the most sincere heart felt closing prayers I've ever heard in my life. The spirit was there and after the appointment I just started running down the street like a retard because I was so happy! hahah
 
     Family I can't tell you how much my testimony has grown these last 5 months. It really is unreal. I love you guys so much and truly am so grateful for everything you have done for me. Keep the faith back home and always remember that you are always in someone's heart and prayers here in Europe. LOVE YOU!
 
   -Elder Cook
       "Enjoy to the End"
 
 
Ps: Once again I promise I'm not a nerdy missionary... today I'm rolling around in my tall t-shirt with the bull dawg on it and drinkin ma RED BULL!! YEAAAA!!!
 
Pss: WE WENT TO THE BEACH!!



Spider Cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment