Monday, April 27, 2015

Accepting... WEEK 98!


Lieve Familie,

          What a week it has beeen! An exhausting week if I may just add.  My motto so far in my last transfer has been “go off in a stretcher”, or in other words.. FINISH STRONG! I feel like in the first two weeks of being here in Antwerpen I have succeeded in that. Elder Wilson and I finally got the bike situation figured out and since then it has just been worrrkk till you cannot work no more. The other night we were making dinner and before you knew it I was literally falling asleep while eating. It was pretty embarrassing. The exhaustion level just keeps increasing and increasing! But I believe that it is a good thing, to be honest it makes me feel a bit accomplished in a righteous way for the work we are doing:)

    It been back to the basics with LOTS of door knocking and street contacting- love it! And since we have been going hard lately, we have seen some cool miracles. We´ve been let in twice on the door (cool stories!) and probably given out like 3 book of Mormons a dayyy! So since the white wash we are slowly but surely picking things up and are planning on leaving this place better than the way we found it. Training has been fun! It’s pretty exhausting, just because I am stuck to do almost everything and all the talking, but Elder Wilson is probably the best 18 year old, fresh out of high school, Son I could have ever asked for. He is just willing to try anything. The other day I pretended to take a phone call while we were at the Centraal Station and told him to go give out 5 cards while I was “on the phone”. He was terrified. But with a simple “If your scared you should probably do it” encouragement he went out and totally killed it! It was so awesome.

   Antwerpen is a cool city. Super ghetto, but also very beautiful! The ward is cool.. Lots of old people I noticed, but still a great ward. 

    I am so excited to be re-united with you all again. Seriously I cannot wait! But I haven´t been able to accept the fact that my mission is coming to an end. Living this life for two years and giving all your time, energy, strength, etc. to it- forces this life to actually become your life. THIS IS MY LIFE- to be a missionary here in Nederland & Belgium and to think that in one day it is just going to come to an end.. I haven´t been able to accept it yet. I just can’t. At least not yet. However I recognize and understand that I need to accept it. There is nothing I can do about it. I need to accept the fact that my mission is coming to an end and that one-day I am going to have to take that nametag off my chest. Man ooh man.. BUT at the same time, that doesn’t mean that I need to change. That I accept it and never do missionary work again or that I come home and forget everything I learned on my mission and just adapt myself to those around me.  It all has to do with a change of perspective and attitude.

 NOWW.. This is a life lesson I am learning right now. Today in the world, there are things that are just hard to accept. People who do dumb things and or experiences/incidents that happen in our lives that can be difficult to accept. Some things we don’t have to accept and other things we need to; much like me and my mission coming to an end. Its time to change my perspective and attitude about it. After all, the past 23 months have just been a preparation for the future. Gosh I love my mission.


Well fam and friends. I love you. Love you LOTS. Be safe and have a great week. See you all in 5 weeks or soooo... ENJOY TO THE END! 
Christ lives! 

Love,

     Big Dude 



No comments:

Post a Comment