Monday, October 6, 2014

Work hard Play hard. WEEK 69!


Lieve Familie,

     I love you guys and miss you all very much.

    It has been a humbling week. A week full of gratitude, love, stress, testifying, spiritual nourishment, struggle, and just pure joy. Of course there were many other emotions felt during the week, but I think that is a good summary of how I felt.

     The stress this week simply came because of the busy schedule, preparations, and trainings that we were able to give.
     Spiritual nourishment came from teaching and testifying of the Divinity of Christ and the reality of Him. Also came from General Conference; what a privilege it is to listen to the Prophets of God and receive inspired council from them.
     The struggle came because that is just apart of life; your attitude is the only thing you have control of in this life.
      I feel and have felt gratitude daily as I pray and think just about how blessed I am. ``And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell? ´´ (Alma 26:2) I invite you all to take the advice from Ammon and ask yourself what great blessing have I received in my life. It brings you the joy, love, and comfort that I have recently felt to know that someone (Heavenly Father) cares about you.

    I don’t really have much to say this week just because the leaders of the church said it all this last weekend. Uchtdorf always kills it. Henrying also. I definitely have no favorite because they were all amazing. I was truly uplifted and inspired, not only from their words they delivered to us, but the way they brought it. There is a reason why they always give the best advice. I just know that the leaders of the church truly are all called by God and knowing that brings such comfort to me.

   One thing that I have learned on my mission and it was just confirmed to me again during Conference is this; However hard it may be we cannot lower the standards of God or ourselves just because the world expects us to do so. I hope we can all learn that lesson also. 

This last weekend has just kind of left me speechless because I have never believed so strongly in my life before. Everything is just becoming so real and I cannot deny it. Prayer is real. God is real. The Gospel is real. Eternal families are real. Christ is real. Reality brings clarity peeps. 

 Love you all and I keep you all in my prayers. Have a great week and ENJOY to the End!

Love,
      Big Dude


Fwee at general conference!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment