Monday, October 20, 2014

``Is not this real?´´ WEEK 71!


Lieve Familie,

               Family I miss you and love you so much. Truly I thank you all for the constant love and support I have received during my mission. You guys mean so much to me and words do not describe the relentless love that I have for each one of you. 

       This week has been pretty exciting for the Cook family it sounds like? Announcement of a new baby coming, an engagement, Utah football just keeps winning, etc. Exciting news!  Know that I am so very happy for you. Happy because you are all happy; besides feeling the spirit nothing, brings me more happiness than knowing\seeing you all happy. Knowing that our Family is forever brings me eternal joy. 
       With all this exciting news I could not help but to think and ponder upon the many blessing our Heavenly Father has bestowed upon us and just how much He truly loves his children. My week was great and I am just speechless because Heavenly Father has answered so many of my prayers. 

         This last week I was able to attend the Temple and what a special moment that was for me. I learned something very important and received many confirmations of the Divinity of Christ, His Gospel, and the love that Heavenly Father has for us. I am so convinced and I have never been happier in my life!
         I love the way Alma explains the concept of faith and how faith it is not having a perfect knowledge, but   ''if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true.'' (Alma 32:21) 

     The Gospel of Jesus Christ is something we cannot see, it is not tangible. We can only see the  ``fruits´´ or the change of attitude and life that it brings. However you can see this change and you notice that the change is good or that the ``seed is good´´ and after you have noticed this change Alma goes on to say:

 ``  And now, behold, is your knowledge perfect? Yea, your knowledge is perfect in that thing (the change), and your faith is dormant; and this because you know, for ye know that the word hath swelled your souls, and ye also know that it hath sprouted up, that your understanding doth begin to be enlightened, and your mind doth begin to expand.´´  (verse 34)

  You notice the change and therefore you know that it is true. It doesn’t mean that you have a perfect knowledge of the Gospel or of the scriptures, but you DO have a perfect knowledge of the Goodness of the Gospel and the change and joy that it has brought into your life. Then I love how Alma says in verse 35:

 `` O then, is not this real? I say unto you, Yea, because it is light; and whatsoever is light, is good, because it is discernible, therefore ye must know that it is good;..´´

``O then, is not this real?´´  Family it is real. It so real because it has brought discernment, it has brought light, and most of all it has brought pure joy. Discernment, Light, and pure joy.. are these not good things?? I think so. Therefore I know the realness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and now it is my responsibility to Enjoy to the End and do my best to live it. 

         I invite you all to read this chapter found in the book of Mormon and begin with verse 17. 

         Anyways, Family, know that I love you guys like crazy and that you are always in my heart. I am very happy and excited for you. You all bring me so much Joy and so much Love. We are all changing, but let all of our changes and the exciting news bring us closer to our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. It is so important to strengthen and nourish your ``seed´´ (testimony) daily. Love you all and God bless! 

  Love,
     Big Dude








No comments:

Post a Comment