Monday, February 23, 2015

Let the GOOD times roll! WEEK 89!

Lieve Familie, 

          I have an unchangeable love for you all and for my mission. I’m so grateful! I have learned so much on the mission and it has seriously opened up my eyes and saved me from a deep sleep.  

        This week was fly. Fly as in, ridiculously fast and incredibly awesome. It was full of meetings, training's, and baptisms! I spent Wednesday in Amsterdam doing work there with the AP´s and talking to President about things. It was great. Saw lots of miracles and truly just felt so spiritually uplifted. Amsterdam is one crazy city-although its got nothing on Rotterdam Zuid as far as being in the ´´hood´´ goes.  Thursday we spent the day in Gouda for a bit working with some sisters and then headed back down to Rotterdam Zuid in the evening so that we could hang out with our friend Silve. We ended up cooking him REAL American cheeseburgers (it’s been a long long time since I’ve had one of those). He loved it and so did we! Following that we headed up to Leidschendam for a leadership meeting at the mission home. It was so spiritually uplifting and edifying! President Robinson is a boss and so is his wife Zuster Robinson. Love them! 

         The weekend was just as busy as the week... we gave a training Saturday morning and then headed back to Rotterdam Zuid to hold the baptismal service of Silve. It was a great baptismal service and I am so grateful for the ward members here who helped us pull off a great service! The spirit was there and Silve is a changed man because he now notices the influence of Christ in his life. Life is just so good and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have so much love for everyone. 
         Sunday, Silve was confirmed and received the Holy Ghost. I am so grateful to be teaching him with Elder Holt and that we have been privileged to witness him coming closer to our savior. Following church we headed back to teach our good young friend, who I wrote about last week, and lets just sayyyy.. I have learned a lot from her! She is so great and awesome. She even came to church. The appointment was awesome! Elder Holt and I were really able to just open up to her and share some personal experiences that we have had and how we both have had troubles with gaining a testimony. Elder Holt is a homie! I am always so amazed by the power of the spirit. Man I am really going to miss Rotterdam! 

   As you can see this weeek was just busy busy busy. I don’t even know what else to write about. I guess if there is one thing that I KNOW the spirit has re-taught me this last week was the importance of seeking self-improvement. We all come short of perfection and we all make mistakes. Self-improvement is a long process that takes time and effort. But it does begin on your knees followed by getting up and DOING. We need to be doers of the Gospel not just believers.  Like the goodól Michael Jackson used to sing:

I'm starting with the man in the mirror,
I'm asking him to change his ways,
And no message could have been any clearer,
If you wanna make the world a better place,
Take a look at yourself and then make a change

Faith without works is dead peeps. 

I miss you all dearly and love you even more! You are all in my prayers. Have a great week and Enjoy to the End! 

Love,

    Big Dude




Photos from Petra





No comments:

Post a Comment