Tuesday, February 17, 2015

"Alles heeft zijn tijd" WEEK 88!

Lieve Familie, 

          I swear the longer you are on your mission the faster time just keeps going. Sometimes I wish it would slow dowwnn! Butttt here we are again; another Monday, the begining of another new week, and another day here on the mission. I am so grateful for modern technology that enables us to be able to communicate one with another through email. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t get to hear from you guys weekly (probably lose my mind!!). There are just so many things to be thankful for. Gosh I love you guys!

       Well this week flew byyy! Once again it was a busy week with exchanges and working with other missionaries. Elder Holt and I finally got back together on Friday night and we're just so beat up from the week that before 10pm we found ourselves dead asleep in bed. The exhaustion level just keeps increasing, but we stay positive and definitely have a good time with the zone! The ward members here are also just great. They take such good care of us and I am so grateful for that! The mission is just awesome.

      I just want everyone to know how grateful I am for the Gospel. 

This last week we were asked a question at a member’s house about why we have chosen to ''stay on the path''.. Or you could say, why have we chosen to stay with the gospel in our lives. Now the young friend of ours who asked us is 18 years old and she has been in-active for quite some time (being a young adult and staying active with the Gospel in Nederland can be very difficult). We were all able to be open and give our answers/bear our testimony. It was a great opportunity and lead to the young friend of ours asking if we could re-teach her the lessons. So that next Sunday (yesterday) after church we went back and taught her. It was an awesome experience because we were  able to just get personal with her and really put ourselves in her shoes/relate to her. Truly was grrrrrreeeeaaaaattt! 

Nowww.. everyone has a story behind them. I am a firm believer that we are all converts. Everyone in the church or who has a testimony is a convert. At one moment in our lives we have all had, or maybe still have to, make the choice to be converted to the Gospel. Or in other words- to give it a try. To be truly sincere, open, and humble enough to go seeking after the truth and to do so with a real intent. I respect and admire all those around me who have chosen to believe and have chosen to "stay on the path". I am so ridiculously grateful for my mission and all those who helped me get on one and also all those who have helped me to keep going. I know my mission has truly awakened me to the reality of the Gospel and gave me that chance to truly go seeking after the truth. Growing a testimony is a process and having one is a gift. It has taken me 20 years to have the gift that I have now and I am so incredible grateful that Heavenly Father has been so patient with me. However, it doesn’t mean that it is strong enough. Having a testimony is like driving your car up a hill.. We either give it gas and move forward or do nothing and move backwards. Lets all step on the gas and come closer to Him. 

Familie ''Alles heeft zijn tijd'' (everything has it's time) and also, everyone has his or her individual time. I am grateful that my time is now and has been for the past 21 months to truly come to know. Life is sooo good! 

I miss you all like Nemo misses his dad in Finding Nemo and love you all even more. I have a never-ending love for you! 

Love,

   Big Dude



No comments:

Post a Comment