Monday, January 12, 2015

I Stand All Amazed.. WEEK 83!

Lieve Familie,
           
          I cannot describe the past two days of my life. I simply cannot put my feelings down on paper. To say that they were the best two days of my mission would be an understatement; they were the two greatest days of my mission. 

Following a week of council meetings with the mission leaders and giving a training, I had the privilege to return back to Kortrijk (with Elder Argueta) and partake of/witness the baptism of James Seynaeve and his son Korneel. Now like I already said, I cannot in the slightest degree explain or describe to someone how it felt and how I feel. Grateful, Joy, Silent, Humbled, In Awe, Un-deserving, Inspired, and relentless LOVE are some of the words I could use to describe it, but even those words aren´t enough. I think the only people who understand how I feel is the Man upstairs and his son. God is a god of miracles and this is his work. The way in which he works inspires me, humbles me, and gives me all the motivation in the world to serve him and to love him. 

James’ life, the life of his wife Giselinde, and also his sons Korneel, is changed. I love them. I feel so privileged and humbled to have been able to have the chance to be the instruments in the hands of the Lord at that time to bring him and his family the Gospel. The baptismal service and being a part of the Holy Ghost ordinance was indescribable. Just being in their presence and also in Kortrijk was and is something I will never forget. It was very emotional for James, his wife, and for me. My life is changed because of it. 

Family and Friends I do not have much to say because I just cannot express the love, gratitude, and appreciation that I have for our loving Heavenly Father. I want you all to know that God is not just good, He is great. That his son Jesus, is the Christ and that I know with all the surety of my heart that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. It is the plan of happiness. With that being said, I would like to echo the words of Alma in Alma 5:45-46 
``...Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
 46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God.... And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit;..´´ 
   God lives, he answers prayers, and he sent his son. They love us. 

                ``I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, 
                confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
                 I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
              that for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.´´

Love you all and miss you all dearly.


-Big Dude





1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder Jason!
    You sound so happy and look so good! Max and I love seeing pics of you! Max is especially interested in hearing you speak Dutch :).
    We miss you!
    Carole and Max

    ReplyDelete