Monday, January 5, 2015

God of Miracles.. WEEK 82!!

Lieve Familie,

                 As I am typing this email a familiar song keeps going through my head.. Now not the entire song because the song is somewhat absurd but a very specific line keeps going through my head and that is “I Believe in Miracles”. And I will tell you why.. But first,

       This week has been great! Seriously I cannot complain. Of course everything wasn’t perfect, but that’s actually what made it perfect. Weird to think right? -Imperfections actually make something or someone perfect.. I believe it or that’s how I see it. But anyways yeah, this week was full of lots of exchanges (working in different cities with other missionaries), lots of food, world war 3 (new years), fireworks, stress, lots of driving, giving blessings, watching people come unto Christ, laughs, some tears, and oh can’t forget to mention.. a BAPTISM! Just your typical week of serving the Lord you could say.. Full of memories and full of new things learned! Full of no regrets! To be honest 2015 has really just started off with a BANG! It is going to be a great year- I just feel it. 

              Now this is why the song by Hot Chocolate has been in my head.. “I believe in miracles”.. Do you believe in miracles? Now I believe many of us, myself included, have said once upon a time that famous line of “I believe in miracles” or maybe we have hoped for a miracle. Not only looking back upon this last year, but this last week I believe that Heavenly Father is trying to teach me something very important. And that is to be found in the following scripture: 
 ``For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.´´ 2 Nephi 27:23
(Mormon 9 also teaches us upon this principle)
 About 8 weeks ago, on my blog I believe it was week 73 or so, I wrote about me being ``speechless´´. I shared a very personal experience about a man (Bro. Van Gijls) in which we gave him and his wife a priesthood blessing of healing and comfort. I left out lots of details because of how personal it was to me and I am still going to leave details out. But last Saturday I was able to return back to the house of the man and his wife for a visit. I hadn´t seen him since the time of the blessing and at that time he could barley walk, talk, and move. To my surprise, when we returned, guess who opened up the door to let us in.. It was Bro. Van Gijls himself- walking, talking, hanging up our jackets, and leading us into the living room.

  Now I have seen miracles, but not one this big. 

Baptizing was also a great miracle. I was able to watch John’s progression all the way from receiving the first lesson from the missionaries (me and Elder Rudolph) to entering into the waters of baptism. This upcoming week will be full of bigger miracles- last night I was called by the Elders in Kortrijk telling me that James (father of the family of 7) would like me to participate in his baptism this upcoming Saturday. I will be attending and giving the talk on the Holy Ghost. Miracles are all around us. The Lord has also been producing a miracle in myself. I call it a miracle of becoming better. A miracle of waking up to the reality of having a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior. It is great. I feel so humbled to know these things and I hope and pray to never forget them. 

God is a god of miracles. 

I miss you all so much and love you even more. You are in my prayers. Have a great week and be safe! Enjoy to the End. 

Love,
   Big Dude

Pics: Bro Van Gijls en his wife
        John’s baptism
        World war 3







No comments:

Post a Comment