Wednesday, November 5, 2014

"Speechless" ......WEEK 73!


Lieve Familie,

           What a week it has been. I have named this email ``speechless´´ because that is really how I felt for a majority of the week.

The beginning of the week was full of transfer stuff and helping other missionaries with whatever they needed help with. Then it was followed by a whole day of sitting in Rotterdam Central Train Station to help move missionaries (with their 3 bags and bike) get from train to train. It was long and stressful. Nothing ever works out smoothly with transfers so Elder Rudolph and I spent most of the day solving the emergencies.

   Following transfer day (Wednesday) it was time to make/prepare a vision for the upcoming transfer and plan all things out (dates of exchanges, trainings, meetings, etc). All I can say is this upcoming transfer is going to be busy!! But we are excited and looking forward to the hard work. It truly is great to be anxiously engaged in a good cause. 

   After all this aftermath of planning and stress, which took up the whole week, we finally had time to go and do just good old basic missionary work. For Halloween we spent the day just working and attending a Halloween party with members. Dressed up as a nerd. At the party I was chased by clowns and at one point found myself hiding underneath a car because of my great fear of clowns. The members and my companions definitely got a huge kick out of it as they watched me run like a little girl. I almost pee´d my pants.

 Now this is why I am speechless..  This weekend was emotional and just full of humility. Friday we were called by our ward mission leader who asked us to come with him to visit a man that was sick. We gladly accepted and went along. The man we visited is a 60-year-old non-member, who had at one point in time been an investigator of the church. The minute we walked into his house I had the most overwhelming feeling that I was exactly where I needed to be. The wife let us in and 5 minutes later the Husband, who is sick, came downstairs. He saw us and couldn’t hold in his emotions. After minutes of tears and emotion he began telling us about his situation. He had been through Chemotherapy 12 times already and was dying due to prostate cancer. More tears were shed by him, us, and his wife. Hope of survival was slim, but after talking we came to know that His wife and him had faith to be healed. An opening prayer was said and a Priesthood blessing of anointing the sick was given. At that moment I experienced what it truly means to be an instrument in the Hands of the Lord.  Following the blessing, the Wife was asked if she too, would like to receive a blessing of comfort. Another blessing was given. What was felt, what was said, and what was experienced was breath taking. I cannot describe it, but it was and is something I will never forget for my entire life. The Priesthood is real. 

 Then this last Sunday just got even more emotional. Here in Ward Eindhoven we had a young single adult unexpectedly pass away and returned back to our Heavenly Father. Church was just emotional as she passed away that morning in the Emergency Room and it was really tragic and has affected many people, including me. Life is just so short and sometimes very very unfair. We spent most of our Sunday going by members and just testifying of the Resurrection and divinity of Christ and that God has a true perfect plan. It was emotional and still is, but it is amazing to see how Christ, the Gospel, and one’s testimony can really change someone and touch someone. I will gladly share my testimony and encourage you all to do likewise. It brings light, it brings comfort, and it brings the spirit. 

So because of these 2 events I am left speechless. However it is not a “speechless-ness” of sadness or of why, instead it is a “speechless-ness” of gratitude and of amazement/astonishment because of the pure joy and hope the Gospel of Jesus Christ gives. What should we hope for?
“And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.” (Moroni 7:41) 

The promise is made unto everyone that families are forever and that eternal life is real as long as we remain faithful in Him. 

Love you all so much and miss you all like crazy! You will always be in my prayers.

Enjoy to the End.

Love,
     Big Dude





No comments:

Post a Comment