Monday, April 7, 2014

Good'OL Kortrijk

Lieve Familie,

            Wow what a week and what a weekend it has been. My heart is full of gratefulness and love towards our beloved Prophets and Church Leaders that we have and for their inspiring words. This was my 2nd Conference weekend I have experienced since being on my mission and I’d be lying if I said that it has been so easy to listen to them and not think of you guys. I felt the spirit so strong and was so comforted several times through out the Conference. I also had my thoughts and prayers thinking upon you guys and just hoping that you all were safe and listening to the beautiful messages of families being together forever and to always love one another. It truly was a great weekend for me and I just want you all to know that I spent most of last night on my knees thanking the Lord for each one of you and telling him just how much I love you and miss you guys so much. Gosh I love you all and am so grateful for each one of you. Mom, Dad, Candace, Winston, Nora, Jake, Brookie, Henry, Carly, Chloe, and all the other people- (close friends and other family members) just know that I love you all. I love you all with my entire heart and soul. You people are so special to me and know that you all are always in my prayers.

Well this week was good and I'm ready for a new week. Patrick is still going strong for baptism and we have now made a schedule to go to him and his wife 2 times a week to help them prepare for baptism. Pray for them please. We are also now teaching a young couple that we have found named Vroni and Pedro with two young children. That has been really humbling and teaching the plan of Salvation with them and telling that families can be together forever brought tears to my eyes. So the work here is still going on. Just got to stay positive and trust in the Lord and I am grateful for the investigators that we have.

           This may be bad to say; and I am saying this in a positive way- but Kortrijk I feel has kind of been my "Liberty Jail" experience thus far in my mission. It has been humbling. It has been stressful. It has been lonely. It has had so many crazy and heavy emotions... and it has also been the best 8/9 weeks thus far on my mission. The love that I have has grown for these members and also for the certain people we are teaching is so real. Just like President Monson said "Actually love is the very essence of the gospel and Jesus Christ is our exemplar". My love has grown so much and it has not been a walk in the park to develop it here in Kortrijk- its been a process and I know that it is not going to get easier, in fact I know that there is still much required and expected of me, but I do know that Love is the key to everything. With love comes patience, with love comes long suffering, with love comes understanding, with love comes gratefulness, etc. Everything truly revolves around love. I love my relationship with my Heavenly Father. Sometimes we may have a misunderstanding or two because His timing is definitely not the same timing that I had in mind or sometimes He likes to throw curveballs when I was expecting a pitch right down the middle, but I know that He loves me. And my love for Him has been growing ever since I stepped foot into my mission. Life is hard peeps and thankfully one day our journey here on earth will end, but love; and I mean REAL LOVE (John 15:13), is perfect and has no ending.

             My love for you all is real and also for my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. Work on your love peeps. If you don’t know how to love- learn how to! And if you have trouble learning how to love... well just do your best to "kill everyone with kindness"! LOVE YOU ALL!  ENJOY TO THE END

           -Elder Coooooook

Soooo photos...  on Saturday we rode 60 kilometers on our bikes. 40 with the members of the branch (I had my lekker Hawaiian shirt on! I'm still my goofy self PROMISE)
                      Spring is coming... BEAUTIFUL!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!





Here is a picture of patrick.. He is behind me on the bike! YA YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment