Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I LOVE YOU GUYS Week 44!


Lieve Familie,

          Families. I just love that word and gosh I love you guys so much.

So unfortunately today I only have 15 minutes to write this email so sorry if it is short but I will do my best.
  
           Since the big move/Transfer of coming to a new country, different language, and just everything being new; as you could imagine- I have had many questions for the Man upstairs and have been looking for answers. I found myself asking the good'ol original dumb question, that a lot of us frequently ask, of WHY. WHY the move? WHY the change? WHY?  It has been a crazy, hard, emotional time here in Kortrijk, but my answer to these "why" questions is simple- because this is what I need.

          My testimony these past months has been growing more than I could ever imagine. This past week I found myself sitting in front of families (one being a new family that we found with 7 children) teaching with convincing power. I never thought that the gospel of Jesus Christ really would be this real to me right now. I have always told people who ask me the 1 million dollar question- "Sooo why did you choose to serve a mission?" that the real reason I came on my mission was to find out why I needed to go on a mission. I came with a little testimony and it’s amazing what can happen if you let that little seed be planted in your heart and let it grow. (Alma 32).   My testimony has grown and I cannot deny it. The Gospel is amazing and to have a family that is eternal is so real and I am so grateful to have one. I LOVE YOU GUYS!! WAAAAHHHOOOO

          As far as the missionary work here goes...everything is going grand and I am so grateful to be a part of the work here in Kortrijk. We have changed Patrick’s baptism to the 3 of May- that way his wife has time to think about being baptized also. This week we are teaching 4 families and it is so humbling to have opportunities like that. Time to bring these people the love of the GOSPEL! JA JA!! LEKKER!!!

        I wish I had more time to write to you all, but just know that I truly love each and everyone of you guys with my whole heart and soul. You all mean the world to me and I am eternal grateful for the love that we all have together! LOVE YOU ALL!!

           -Elder Coooook

No comments:

Post a Comment