Monday, January 27, 2014

Tot ziens Magic 3... Hallo DYNAMIC DUO


Lieve Familie,

                         "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning how to dance in the rain"

            Momma thank you for this inspiring quote.. After finishing this email I am immediately going to go out side and do that "Harlem Shake" dance in the street by myself. Wait.. then again maybe Elder Thomas will join me? Yup"hij is beneden" WAHOOOOO!

            Well what can I say about this week..

                  It’s been a good overall week. Actually a lot of amazing things happened for us this week as we watched some of the seeds that we have planted grow. This last week Jasmin (the new member that we have been working with.. found her on the train a while ago) and Barrie (who was recently baptized a couple months ago by us)  both attended the temple for the first time and participated in doing baptisms for the dead. So amazing to see the progress that the two have made and what a blessing it is to be apart of their journey. Things with Ethyln have been going so good and she truly is such an angel and once again I just feel so blessed to be apart of this journey with her. We also have a new investigator named Dirk who is one awesome old man and just like everybody on this earth, he needs the gospel in his life. Hopefully this week we will be able to find some new investigators and work really hard with the members of the ward.
               SOOOO....De Magic 3 is officially over which leaves just the Dynamic Duo to stay alive together for another couple of weeks. After spending the night in the Mission Home all together for one last time, it was very sad and hard to say goodbye to Elder Alade this morning inside the Schipol Airport. He is one amazing Elder and an amazing friend. I am very excited for him and so grateful for the friendship that we now have.  SOOO TAKE GOOD CARE OF HIM TODAY FAMILY!! hahah  But on a brighter note of the whole Schipol Airport situation...- After saying goodbye to Elder Alade, Elder Thomas and I were able to have a pretty chill and relaxing time with President and Zuster Robinson as we enjoyed a delicious Burger King Breakfast burrito together at 5 in the morning and then we were left in the Airport by ourselves because President had to go straight to the office. So Elder Thomas and I said YOLO and bought first class tickets to Paris....... SIKE! hahah but we did go out and took some selfies in front of the big "IAMSTERDAM" sign, which was HARTSIKKE LEUK!!

                    Well familie I have came to the conclusion that our Heavenly Fathers plan for us is something that we will never truly understand, but something truly amazing. As I think about the things I have learned and the people I have met just these past months, I truly feel so blessed. A mission is about the people you come in contact with and the friendships you make. I have made some strong friendships with not only my 2 amazing companions, but also with many members here in the Ward Den Haag and through these friendships I have truly been able to not only see miracles happen, but to feel the Savior's love. He is behind everything and the plan that our Heavenly Father has is a perfect plan that is hard to understand, but beautiful to realize. I love you all so so so so so so much and miss you guys like crazy. You people are my motivation and mean the world to me. Be safe, have fun, and always remember...

             ENJOY TO THE END

    -Elder Cook(ie)

ps: LEKKER!!!!!!!!

THE MAGIC 3
AIRPORT SEND OFF for ELDER ALADE

No comments:

Post a Comment