Tuesday, January 14, 2014

7 MONTHS!!!!!

Lieve Familie,

                Sorry for the late email this week, yesterday we found ourselves extremely busy and didn’t even have time to email! I could only imagine how worried you were mom- going through a whole Monday without my email, but don’t worry I AM OKAY AND LOVING LIFE!!
                Well where to begin this week.. I'm not even sure.

               Last week we had an awesome appointment with Jasmine. She truly is a blessing from the Lord and is so amazing and fun to teach. We reviewed with her the Restoration and the spirit was so strong. At the end of the lesson Jasmine opened up to us and it truly was a humbling moment. The lesson ended with us giving her a blessing and let me just tell you all that my testimony has grown so much from the power of a blessing. The past week Elder Thomas, Alade, and I have found ourselves giving a couple of blessings and each one has been so spiritual and so amazing. Last Sunday we had a miracle as we gave an investigator from the sister missionaries a blessing and following the blessing she decided to change her baptismal date from sometime in April to January 25th.. So in other words, in two weeks. The power of blessings is REAL!
                
              SO COOL. hahahah

              Well honestly I can’t even remember all the things that happened this last week because it just flew by and I have really just loved every single day here in Den Haag and with my companions. However many of you talked about one of my favorite talks "Come What May, and Love It" in your emails this week and it really got me thinking again of all the many things I love and am thankful for. I really am thankful for so many things in my life. Being thankful and truly learning the understanding of ''come what may and love it'' is a life changer. I definitely cannot tell you that I completely understand it, but I can definitely tell you all that it has had a major impact on my mission.
                The mission is just absolutely unexplainable-anyone who is on a mission or has been on a mission can probably agree- you have so many ups and so so so many downs. Its the greatest experience ever and one of the hardest. It’s also probably one of the most emotional experiences ever, with tears of both sadness and joy. And also one of the most humbling experiences ever. It really is just unexplainable. But..... People.. I LOVE MY MISSION. I haven't loved every second of it, but I have loved every little bit of it. It really is awesome and everything that has happened thus far I have learned to love it. "Come what may and Love it'' is a total mind shift in which you are always thinking positive and striving to do better for others. It has brought so much happiness to your life as you learn how to ALWAYS BE THANKFUL. It is a mind shift and one of the greatest mind shifts ever.

            FAMILIE I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND MISS YOU ALL MORE THAN YOU EVEN KNOW!!! STAY SAFE THIS WEEK AND STAY STRONG!! KNOW THAT I AM ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!! LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEE YOU ALLL~!!!


       -Elder Cooooook (ie)


                          ENJOY TO THE END








No comments:

Post a Comment