Monday, December 9, 2013

THE BIG 6 WEEK 26

Lieve Familie,

          This week- week number whatever it is- will mark my 6 month mark on my mission. As many of you can remember in my farewell talk, I compared my mission a lot to sports, or more specifically, the biggest championship game ever. With the thanks of Dad, I have been able to keep that comparison going thus far on my mission and really thinking about this "big championship game" and my part in it. Well it's been 6 months now and in the sports world that means that the first quarter is up and now it is the time to look back and see what you have learned thus far and also what needs to be done to go in at half time with a lead.

Well looking back at my "first quarter" and what I have learned thus far, I can honestly say that I have never been so happy. Of course there were some mistakes: some fumbles, some turnovers, some big hits (including times where my lineman missed a block or two, leaving me helplessly on the ground), and maybe even a missed opportunity or two.  BUT through all this, through the hard times through the good times, through every single second of this first quarter... every time I looked over at that sideline to get the next play, there He was. There was the Savior. There He was helping me every step of the way, never giving up on me, never doubting me, never giving up hope. He was there and will continue to be there, standing on my sideline, standing with me in the huddle, giving me a hand to help me get back up, and always encouraging me to keep going. I feel with no doubt in my heart that He truly has been here and that He will never leave me alone.

My testimony has grown this "first quarter" and with the help from my teammates (companions), help from my assistant coaches (mission leaders), and help from the head coach (mission president), it will only increase throughout these next three. I love serving the Lord and knowing that He is there, always cheering me on.
       
Now about the week real quick: Family I don’t feel bad for you guys and the weather over there in good'ol SLC, because it is absolutely getting freezing here also and guess what... we don’t get to stay inside! So lets just say that I am super grateful for my new Thermal Jesus PJ's;) (Thanks momma). LOVE IT! Hahah
     
Ethlyn now has a baptismal DATE!! Wahhhhhoooo! It’s been a long time working with her, but we've set a date for Jan 14! So exciting and I'm just so grateful for being able to teach her.

 This week I had the chance to give good'ol Zuster Barrie a blessing and all I can say about it is that it definitely made the Journal because of how strong the spirit was. HOLY COW!  (emoji hahhah)
      
Yea everything else with our investigators went absolutely awesome this week, not awesome but very good! Hahah We also got a new family to teach! Gosh I am just so dang grateful.

       Last night Elder Thomas, Elder Alade, and I went to my favorite members house (Familie Muntingan) for dinner and oh my gosh it was awesome. The spirit was so strong and their family really is just an awesome family and do such good missionary work. We had dinner with them and they also invited one of the daughter’s friends who isn’t a member and then we gave one of the coolest "spiritual desserts" on them. (Spiritual thought). It was a memorable moment that is for sure, and they invited us to go to their house the day after Christmas and maybe watch Despicable Me 2..... hahhah So excited!

    Family gosh I love you guys so much. There really isn’t anymore to say about that. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU GUYS and MISS you guys like crazy. You are always in my prayers and in my heart. 
"Enjoy to the End" in all things!


-Elder Jason Rich Cook(ie)


Ps: this Wednesday we have a member from the 70 coming to speak to us as a mission and that is when I will pick up all the packages you sent me! LOVE YOU!





No comments:

Post a Comment