Monday, May 19, 2014

Birthday WEEEEEK!! Week 49!


Lieve Familie,

               Family thank you all so much for the constant love and support that I receive from you all. Whether it is letters, a package, pictures, your prayers, etc- I just feel so much love for each and every one of you all and it is absolutely something that I cannot describe. It really is just true love-John 15:13.  I love you all so much and just thinking about you all and testifying of the love that I have for each one of you brings tears to my eyes. So thank you. Thank you for the support and love. Thank you for always being there for me and thank you for just being who you are. Gosh I am so grateful!

              So this last week was actually one to remember here on the mish! As many of you know Elder Argueta and I are staying for another 6 weeks here in Kortrijk (that'll make it almost 6 months serving together) and we are pumped and definitely motivated. Our love for Kortrijk has seriously just been growing and growing. The tears, the struggles, the excitement, the miracles, etc... Gosh- it has been so humbling and so necessary for me and my growth, as a missionary. My testimony here has been trialed and all I can honestly say about this whole experience is- Thank you, thank you for giving me this experience to grow, to learn, to become better, and to change. I am very grateful for the man upstairs and his knowledge over everything. So yes we are both pumped to do another 6 more weeks together in this holy place.

             As far as the missionary work goes.. FANTASTISCH en LEKKER! This week we dropped another baptismal date on a new investigator named Benno. Benno is someone who we found our first week here in Kortrijk and could never set up a time to meet with him so he was eventually dropped, But this last week I just had the "feeling" to give him a call. Well we called him and made an appointment for 2 days later. We went there, taught him the Restoration and well lets just say that he is prepared! It was so awesome and I just love testifying with the spirit. The spirit was strong and he accepted. Super humbling and a grateful moment to be a missionary.
             Steven (the world champion kick boxer) is doing solid. We went and trained with him last Thursday and lets just say we got our butts kicked! Haha but watch out because I think I'm going to become a professional kick boxer;)
             We are also teaching this family and the parent’s names are Froni and Pedro. We have been teaching them for a while, but Saturday was the first time we taught them the restoration and they just ate it up! It was awesome. The spirit was strong and yeaaaah.. It’s just hard to describe. But it was amazing.

              I really don’t know what else to say or I think I have already said too much.. Hahha but peeps I just want you all to know that Jason Rich Cook is doing good. Life is not easy, but there aint nobody who is going to take the smile off my face. I gave a talk in church again yesterday and I pretty much just talked about being happy and smiling. I don’t know why, but seriously if you’re not smiling and enjoying life.. You’re just not looking at it with the right perspective. Smile peeps! Be happy! That is what life is all about and that is definitely what the Gospel Of Jesus Christ is all about. It is the plan of happiness.

 I LOVE YOU ALL and know that I will definitely be thinking and praying for you guys. You are always in my heart. Love one another and PARTY LIKE ITS HOT!!

Love,
    Big Dude;)




No comments:

Post a Comment