Tuesday, June 18, 2013

First Week in the MTC




Ik Ben Elder Cook de Kerk van Jezus Christus van de Heiligen der Laatste Degen (figure it out)



WELL WOW! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE LETTERS AND PACKAGES. seriously they got me through my first week. Mom and Candace you two are angels, all the love you have sent me the past couple has honestly been like revieving a gold medal. My distract actaully has been making fun of me because every time our DL (district leader) goes to get mail he just comes back with loads of letters and about 3/4 are ALL MINE!!! haha so thank you all.
So im guessing you are all dying to here how i have been doing the past week and also want all the details (mom)....  My companions name is Elder Bean. He just barely graduated high school 2 weeks ago and loves zelda... he is a pretty cool guy, just super shy (pictures will come). The first night we got here they put 6 of us elders into one freakin room together..(these rooms are about the size of carly and chloes rooms) well i decided that i wasnt having it and found these elders just across the hall who only had 2 of them living in a room that we were moving in! haha they were totally fine with it which was super chillllll. The two elders who took us in are Elder Talbot-who used to play football for freemont and got his homecoming wrecked...by me! and Elder Tuckett-who is from payson and a total chill bo bagens dude. They are going to Iceland on their missions.
Lets see...  i love my district. I've some really cool funny guys. pictures will come.. umm the language.. well spreken de Naderlands is pretty rough. I spend 10 1/2 hours inside a classroom with no windows! no joke. we actaully are required to take 5 minute walk around the campus every 2 hours so we can recieve some vitamin D. The first day of class my teacher only spoke Naderlands (dutch) NO FREAKING ENGLES! so that was pretty overwhelming.. but now its been about a week and im like practically fluent. I have already given 3 lessons in dutch which is chill and yea im just kidding about me being fluent and all.. i butchered just about every lesson. its chill tho, never sketch.
Food here is great. its like being back at good'ol East high and getting school lunch everyday... yup. haha i havent gained weight and still have my six pack. no worries. Oh and my friends.. well actually right now im sitting next to Elder Barker aka James barker which is pretty chill. we hang out like everyday because Tanner and i have like complete opposite schedules so we rarely see each other.
 Have i answered all your questions yet??? if not please let me know because i will be getting back on the my email in about 4 hours (thats like 10 am, i have been awake since 5 today) or so! so feel free to email or just get on and we can chat! yeaaaaaaa buddy
I LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH.
Sincerely, Elder Cook
ps: i sent a ton of letters back to you all but i know that none of you have gottten any of them anyways since y'all are stuck in dumb Lake Powell........ Candace i wrote you one also.. did you get it?
pss: at precisely 9:15 this morning i am requried to poop in a bag for my visas.... i'll let ya'll know how i do. hopefully i'll do my best.

The first one is tanner and i on the first day.
                     This one is my district in our little room before Elder Bean and i moved.
East boys

My companion and I
GO MIAMI HEAT (chris bosh face) 
Where we spend 10 1/2 hours every.single.day.
My new roomates.. Iceland missionaries and my companion on the left side (with glasses)

MOM THE PING PONG THING SAVED OUR LIVES!! We play every day!
My name tag..

James and I.



No comments:

Post a Comment